- 2 Skeins of Red Heart Jumbo Super Saver in Heather Gray
- 1 Skein of Red Heart Super Saver in Heather Violet
- Hook size K for the body
- Hook size J for the ribbing
- Sissors & Finishing Needle
- The tunic I’m wearing can easily fit a Large or X-Large frame. It’s very stretchy. But, be sure you measure yourself and crochet to those measurements.
- Measuring for size:
- Length…From shoulder to desired length with out the 3″ ribbing.
- Width…from center of neck to elbow or desired width.
- Head…measure your head. Starting at the forhead, drape down around the back of your neck. Continue back up on the other side to the forhead. Add an inch or two for ease.
- At the end of each row you will need to make 3 chains for turning. Tighten up the stitches a little bit. This will allow you to easily find that last stitch for the last single crochet of the Linen Stitch.
- SC…Single Crochet
- SL ST…Slip Stitch
- Foundation HDC…Foundation Half Double Crochet
- FPDC…Front Post Double Crochet
- BPDC…Back Post Double Crochet
- FPHDC…Front Post Half Double Crochet
- BPHDC…Back Post Half Double Crochet
- FPSC..Front Post Single Crochet
- BPSC…Back Post Single Crochet
- LS…Linen Stitch
- SC in st, CH 1, skip 1 st, SC in nx st.
Using the K hook…
Chain 155 stitches (go to row 1)
Or…Foundation HDC 152 stitches, Ch 3, Turn. (Go to row 2)
Row 1. SC in 3rd Ch from hook and each chain across. (152 sts not counting the chain 3 turn)
Row 2. SC in each HDC across. Chain 3. Turn. (152 sts not counting Ch 3 turn)
Row 3. Skip the first single crochet, SC in nx st, *Ch 1, sk one st, SC in nx st*. Repeat, (don’t forget your last single crochet will go into the ch 3 of the previous row. Ch 3, turn.
Row 4-9. Repeat pattern.
Row 20-54. Change colors as you see fit. Only you know how wide you want the strips.
Row 55. Work 25 sets of LS. Make chain stitches 1/2 the neck measurements. (For instance my head measurement was 25″. I made my chain stitches 12 & 1/2″ long. My stitch count was 34 chains).
Skip 33 sts (or your chain stitch count). SC in nx chain 1 sp. Finish row with the LS pattern. Ch 3, Turn.
Row 56-110. Continue with the LS pattern & strips (or to the width of your measurements).
Bind Off…Sew up the sides leaving 9″ for the armhole.
- Attach the gray yarn and single crochet around with an odd number of stitches. Place a marker. Do not join.
- FPDC in the first sc. BPDC in the nx sc. Do not join.
- Continue around for 10 rows.
- In the last 5 stitches, FPHDC in nx st, BPHDC in nx st. FPSC in nx st, BPSC in nx stitch. Sl st in last stitch.
- Attach yarn at the bottom side and SC around. Continue as per instructions for the neck ribbing.
Fasten off and secure the ends.